|Health Care Informatics
- Analyze how information and technology may improve and globally transform health services.
- Evaluate how information technology supports the improvement of health care outcomes.
- Analyze health care technology culture and mandates in the US, including development, access and protections.
- Examine the ethical and legal considerations for application of information technologies and systems to health care.
- Correlate the leadership role of the DNP in the design, execution, and evaluation of information technology.
|II: Organization and Systems Leadership for Quality Improvement and Systems Thinking
III: Clinical Scholarship and Analytic Methods for Evidence-based Practice
IV: Information Systems/Technology and Patient Care Technology
VI: Interprofessional Collaboration for Improving Patient and Population Health Outcomes
VIII: Advanced Practice Nursing
|Health Policy & Ethics
- Compare and contrast the influence of professional organizations, health insurance companies, and the pharmaceutical industry on health care policy and economics.
- Analyze health policy from historical, ethical, legal, and political perspectives.
- Utilize evidence to inform health policy development.
- Compare and assess the United States health care system with health care systems in other countries.
- Understand the impact of networking, health education, and advocacy on health policy.
- Analyze health care policy at the local, state, national, and international levels.
|II: Organization and Systems Leadership for Quality Improvement/Systems Thinking
IV: Designing Systems
V: Health Care Policy for Advocacy in Health Care
VI: Interprofessional Collaboration for Improving Patient/Population Outcomes
- Analyze new knowledge and evidence based practice to deliver high quality health care, for individuals and aggregates.
- Demonstrate advancement of clinical practice that contributes to quality, safety, and improved health outcomes.
- Synthesize seminal theoretical, ethical, and legal concepts into health care delivery practices.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the application and evaluation of information technologies to meet the complex demands of health care.
- Exemplify qualities required to assume leadership positions within the health care system, political arena, academic centers, and professional organizations.
|I. Scientific Underpinnings for Practice
II. Organization and Systems Leadership for QI/Systems Thinking
III. Clinical Scholarship and Analytic Methods for EBP
VI. Interprofessional Collaboration for Improving Patient/Population Outcomes
VII. Clinical Prevention and Population Health for Improving the Nation’s Health
VIII. Advanced Nursing Practice